Your First Visit
Your initial consultation will give you the opportunity to meet Dr. Kuncio and the rest of our orthodontic staff. During this consultation, we:
- Review your dental and medical history forms;
- Provide a complete oral exam to determine whether treatment is necessary;
- Review any previous x-rays or 3D scans to you may have;
- Discuss your health and dental/facial aesthetic goals;
- Go over your treatment options, and help you create a customized treatment plan;
- Review your specific lifestyle needs, like whether you play an instrument or need treatment done by a certain date;
- Discuss the financial side, including costs, insurance options, and payment plans.
This appointment typically takes about 45 minutes, and there is a $75 fee (often covered by insurance).
Inserting your Braces
After the initial consultation, we take full orthodontic records (X-rays and photographs) on each patient which allow Dr. Kuncio to take all the necessary measurements to get your perfect smile and bite. Sometimes a second consultation is necessary for complicated cases. Once the treatment plan is reviewed and signed, Dr. Kuncio inserts your new orthodontic appliance—be it traditional braces, Invisalign, lingual braces, or another one of our many state-of-the-art options.
This appointment generally takes about an hour and needs to be done during morning hours. Our staff will be ensuring your comfort and well-being.
We’ll need to see you (or your child) every four to eight weeks. Please let us know what days and times work best for you, so we can accommodate your most convenient appointment times.
Late Appointments / Rescheduling
If you’re running late or need to reschedule, please let us know as soon as you can. We will do everything we can to accommodate these changes.
We strongly suggest you continue to visit your general dentist once every six months for cleanings and routine checkups during your orthodontic treatment. If extra dental care is needed, we will be happy to coordinate with your dentist for the best care possible. If you don't currently have a dentist, please let us know - we would be happy to recommend someone in our extensive network!